Children are very insane, innocent, and crazy and they demand special care and attention from everyone especially from the parents or caregivers. Sometimes caregivers or parents failed to provide essential care to the child that could result in physical, psychological, emotional, or educational damage of the child. This careless attitude is considered by the laws of Prince William County under the section of Child neglect laws Prince William Virginia.
It has been found that the most general type of child abuse or mistreatment in Prince William is in the form of child negligence.
Who is a Neglected Child?
According to the Child neglect laws Prince William Virginia, a neglected child is any individual under 18 years of age whose;
- Parents or caregivers neglects or refuse to fulfil his primary necessities and do not care of the physical, emotional and psychological health of a child.
- Parents or guardians are not alive or not able to provide essential care due to any mental or physical incapability, and then the child will be categorized as a child without a legal
Types of Child Negligence
- Physical Negligence: It is the improper care or failure of providing the basic physical needs by the caregiver. The physical needs include food and shelter, clothing, hygienic and sanitary living conditions.
- Education Negligence: It is lack of schooling and enrolment in an educational institute of the child, which is occurred when the caregiver neglects the importance of school or discourages the child from education for any purpose.
- Psychological Negligence: It is the most overlooked and commonly found type of negligence as it involves the attention of the caregiver towards the attitude, behaviour, reasoning, response behaviour, and social behaviour of the child. It could also be present in the form of threatening punishments, humiliation, sexual abuse that could result in a severe psychological imbalance.
- Medical Negligence: It is the lack of medical facilities for the child that is due to the careless attitude of the caregiver regarding the health status of the child. If the caregiver is delaying or denying the health issues of the child, the child is said to be medically neglected.
Legal Charges of Child Negligence
The legal charges in Child neglect laws Prince William Virginia are found to be effective I two categories.
- When the caregiver is found to be an intentional act of providing harm or injury to the child and the child is subjected to that wilful act, and then the offender will be charged as Class 4 felony who is punishable to two to 10 years of imprisonment and a fine of up to $100,000.
- When the caregiver is found to be an intentional act of providing harm or injury to the child but the child is safe and not subjected to that wilful act, then the offender will be charged as Class 6 felony who is punishable to one year to five years of imprisonment and a fine of up to $2,500.
Report Child Negligence
If you observe any act of child negligence around you or within your vicinity, it is your duty to report the case with the help of an experienced legal firm or lawyer so that a child could be safe from any type of cruel acts due to the negligence of caregiver.